Download files for videos: https://ift.tt/31gqHEm
Pdf files with notes: https://ift.tt/2IOoqtJ
In this video learn about how to deal with a “Slowly Changing Dimensions”, which is the Dimension = Employee and the changing Attribute = Team. Learn about the basics of “Slowly Changing Dimensions”. See a solution for reporting Teams and Employee Sales Over Time using the Worksheet Functions: SUMIFS and FILTER. Solution is shown for Office 365 Excel and older versions of Excel.
1. (00:07) Introduction
2. (00:41) Basics of “Slowly Changing Dimensions” and what desired report looks like.
3. (02:12) Look at Worksheet, Power Query M Code and DAX Formulas for 3-way lookup.
4. (02:48) Excel Worksheet Solution
5. (03:40) FILTER Function for 3-way lookup (Office 365)
6. (05:54) INDEX and MATCH 3-way lookup formula (versions other than Office 365)
7. (06:10) SUMIFS Function
8. (08:00) Summary
Comprehensive Microsoft Power Tools for Data Analysis Class, BI 348, taught by Mike Girvin, Excel MVP and Highline College Professor.